martes, 8 de junio de 2010

¡Peeeedro! #08


8. Bad Education (La Mala Educación)

Bad Education was the first film by Almodóvar I ever saw. I saw it when it opened in theaters. I was 15 years old, discovering my sexuality and it was possibly the first film in which I saw sex scenes with two men (the first film not involving a weak plot with a fireman or a plumber or something like that and 5 lines of dialogue altogether). And I remember having a huge... crush on Gael García Bernal. The film is exquisite specially when I revisited it knowing something about film noir. Almodóvar is a master at making his very diverse genres and this film is no exception. Filled with vibrant colors, drag queens, religion, filmmaking and, of course, the tensions between fiction and reality, this movie is greatly great. I mean García Bernal is a Femme Fatale!! How genius is that? And it is also remarkable how the lack of women is not deadly pernicious in an Almodovarian film...

No hay comentarios: