sábado, 12 de junio de 2010

Romance 1 Come what may...

There is not and there never will be a film as perfect as this one. Moulin Rouge! has everything. Musical, check. Best actress ever, check. Incredible performances by all the cast, check. Stunning visuals, check. An incredible director (very usually underrated), check. A simple yet very effective, funny, tender, romantic and perfect script, check. The most evil villain in film ever, check. And I am not talking about the Duke... Seriously, Nini, what is your problem? Why do you hate Satine and Christian so much?
In terms of the film being a romance, it is perfect again. Both lead characters are obviously and desperately in love. And circumstances are a bitch. She is dying and wanting to be an actress, he is penniless and quite jealous... I love, love, love this film so much. It is amazing that each time I see it (around ten times I'd guess) I discover something new! Had you notice that Christian sells his typewriter in order to get the money he throws at Satine screaming "I've paid my whore"? I hadn't and I loved it! Best film ever, best film ever...

No hay comentarios: