sábado, 8 de mayo de 2010

Judging the book by the cover #1

It is true that a good TV show does not need a greatly innovative titles sequence (Popular, Friends, Gilmore Girls, Ally McBeal) or even titles sequences at all (Glee, Modern Family, Gossip Girl, Lost) but it is also true that greatly innovative titles sequences are like chips when you're in the desert. It is not the drink (that is the show per se) but what accompanies it adding flavor to it. Sometimes I think my metaphors should be printed in T-shirts. Anyway let's get a look at some of the best (for my subjective being) titles sequences ever!
The first one I want to post is that of United States of Tara, a TV show that has me more hooked on with every episode. All the acting is great (Rosemarie DeWitt is a world treasure) and the storylines develop so smoothly that it is impossible not to be surprised by the show. I'm dying to see more episodes!
I don't know if it's simply animation or it is really pop-up but in any case it is so eye-catching and so in accordance with the spirit and the plot of the show that it is impossible not to sing along to it. Open up the sky, this mess is getting high...
You can watch the title sequence here, it may have ads but at least it is HD.

No hay comentarios: