sábado, 29 de mayo de 2010

¡Peeeedro! #09

9. Talk to Her (Hable con Ella)

To be fair, I must say that I don't recall this film perfectly. Nevertheless, even though the first time I was reluctant to some of its parts (the shrinking man comes to mind), the second time I watched it everything felt right into place (the shrinking man is almost the most important scene in the film). I would say it is the first film by Almodóvar to be consciously mature. And that is so great... The movie is exuberant in all its color, smart in all its script and the performances are unbelievably good. For me, Javier Cámara was an annoying "funny" guy up until this film. Leonor Watling does little acting outside the bed and the little she does is precious. Darío Grandinetti is one of the best Almodóvar boys and one of the less recognised. And Rosario Flores, who up until then was a singer in whose music I had not (and still don't have) the least interest, gives a solid and powerful performance, one of those that lingers on the viewer's mind long after seeing the film. And of course, a song: Cucurrucú (o Cucurrucucú, isn't that right Davigüi?) Paloma...

No hay comentarios: