sábado, 8 de mayo de 2010

¡Peeeedro! #12

12. The flower of my secret (La flor de mi secreto)

Well, it's a good thing I started this now and not a year from now, because by then it should have been a Top 15+3... ¡¡¡LA PIEL QUE HABITO!!! Ok. I'm fine. It's only a year away... Right now I'm going to focus on what Mr. Pedro did fifteen years ago. And it was delighting audiences with The Flower of my Secret, the story of a writer of romantic novels (portrayed by Marisa Paredes) who is not precisely in her best personal moment. As I've summed up the plot it looks like a Katherine Heighl romantic comedy but this is Almodóvar we're talking about so themes are not to be treated lightly. Pedro, always exploring the ways in which human beings communicate chooses in this film literature to compare fiction and reality, perfectly exemplified in the scene with the "fake" doctors. Not the only great sceneof the film. The one with the manifestation is as epic and classic as Gone with the Wind. Not rare in a film so abundant with references to other movies. Definitely rocks, rocks everywhere.

No hay comentarios: